Higger Tor in Winter Video – Part 1
I have never had much luck when shooting in the Peak District. I seem to find the landscape there rather heavy going and favour the more dramatic scenery of the English Lake District. Well, this all seems to be changing following a recent trip where a friend introduced me to Higger Tor. This was a new and interesting location and one that was very accessible.
In this short video I share the location as I seek to compose my shots. I explain what has caught my interest and how I am trying to make the scene work.
My equipment list for the location is:
- Fuji XT2 camera
- Fuji 10-24mm and 16-55mm lenses
- Traditional cable release (well done Fuji for including a mechanical release with the XT2)
- Lee 100mm filter system with 0.3 and 0.3 ND graduated filters
- Tripod (Velbon Rexi-L with Manfrotto head)
- Novoflex levelling base fitted to the tripod and head
I hope you enjoy the video. Keep an eye open for the follow up showing the editing process for the photographs.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
You can also watch this video on my YouTube channel. I publish a new video every week, often based on subscribers’ requests and feedback. Subscribe to my YouTube channel now and be sure not to miss future videos.
FREE Book Offer
Get "6 Steps to Shooting Brilliant Landscape Photography" FREE!
Subscribe to my monthly newsletter for your free copy.
I will never share or SPAM your email.