Fuji RAW file Conversion Challenge
This challenge is issued to anyone and everyone using Lightroom as a RAW converter. I issue following my poor results when converting RAW files from my Fuji XT-1 with Lightroom and much better results using RAW Therapee.
The challenge is simple:
- Download the Zip file below. This contains a RAW file and a JPEG image. The JPEG was created from the RAW file using RAW Therapee and no other tools.
- Using Lightroom (any version), process the RAW file with the objective of creating a sharper, more detailed image than the JPEG.
- If you believe you created a sharper more detailed version of the image, post your conversion settings as a comment to this page.
Key rules are:
- You can only use the global settings in Lightroom. No adding additional localised sharpening with the brush tools etc.
- No sharpening or detail extraction with other tools. All adjustments must be made in Lightroom to the RAW file as you would any other RAW conversion.
- I must be able to validate your results by using your settings in Lightroom to achieve the same results. I will be using the latest version of Lightroom CC for this.
FREE Book Offer
Get "6 Steps to Shooting Brilliant Landscape Photography" FREE!
Subscribe to my monthly newsletter for your free copy.
I will never share or SPAM your email.