Fuji RAW file Conversion Challenge
This challenge is issued to anyone and everyone using Lightroom as a RAW converter. I issue following my poor results when converting RAW files from my Fuji XT-1 with Lightroom and much better results using RAW Therapee.
The challenge is simple:
- Download the Zip file below. This contains a RAW file and a JPEG image. The JPEG was created from the RAW file using RAW Therapee and no other tools.
- Using Lightroom (any version), process the RAW file with the objective of creating a sharper, more detailed image than the JPEG.
- If you believe you created a sharper more detailed version of the image, post your conversion settings as a comment to this page.
Key rules are:
- You can only use the global settings in Lightroom. No adding additional localised sharpening with the brush tools etc.
- No sharpening or detail extraction with other tools. All adjustments must be made in Lightroom to the RAW file as you would any other RAW conversion.
- I must be able to validate your results by using your settings in Lightroom to achieve the same results. I will be using the latest version of Lightroom CC for this.