Lenscraft Newsletter August 2017
Welcome to the August newsletter for Lenscraft members.
It’s August and the heather is out in the Peak District near to where I live.
Planning the Future
Traditionally, August has been a quiet month for Lenscraft, which has given me time to make plans. This year it’s no different, although I seem to have more initiatives and improvements already underway than in previous years.
Here are a few of the things I’m hoping to bring you over the next 6 months:
- Website update to improve the structure and ease of use.
- New book “Mastering Photoshop Masks” – more on this below.
- Photoshop Masking video course to compliment the book.
- Lenscraft Christmas gift (I’m looking for ideas at present if anyone has any suggestions [email protected]).
- Additional quality articles and tutorials on Lenscraft.
- Additional You Tube Videos.
I’m keen to keep the subjects for the articles and videos relevant to Lenscraft members.
If you find you struggle with an aspect of photography or image editing, or if you want to know more about a subject, please let me know. I may be able to publish an article or video to help.
In response to requests, my next book will be “Mastering Photoshop Masks”. I will be sharing many ways to help you create and use masks in Photoshop. These will include:
- Painting masks and adjustments.
- Creating and refining Channel Masks.
- Generating and using Luminosity Masks.
- As well as a host of other selection and refinement techniques.
The first draft of the book is now complete and I can promise you that the material will be easy to understand and apply. It will also include a full-length example in which the image you see on the cover is produced.
I hope to release the book in late September on Amazon.
Lenscraft Speed Improvements
I recently made further speed improvements to the Lenscraft website. Some regions of the world are now benefiting sub 1 second load times. Unfortunately, there is variation depending on your country and the level of demand at the time of day. I would love to fix this today but it will require quite a lot of additional investment that I can’t yet make. There are though more improvements yet to come.
Free Nik Viveza Book & Course Discount
Thousands of you have now benefited from my free Nik Viveza book offer which ended on the 1/8. If you purchased my previous book from Amazon and didn’t claim this update, let me know using [email protected].
You can also find details of my back catalogue of books here (https://lenscraft.co.uk/learn-photo-editing-books/).
New Camera Profiles
I would like to say a special thanks to Richard Fee and Geoff Hodgins for sharing their Camera profiles. These have now been added to the Lenscraft Camera Profile for download. These introduce profiles for several Fuji, Panasonic and Olympus cameras.
If anyone reading this has created camera and printer profiles they would be willing to share with Lenscraft Members, please let me know ([email protected]).
I have two club presentations coming up in September. The first is at York Photographic Society on the 20th September and the second is at Macclesfield Camera Club on the 25th September.
I will be presenting my approach to Landscape Photography with examples of my work, prints and full-length editing demonstrations using the Nik Collection. If anyone would like details, please contact the clubs directly using the website links above.
Until next time…
FREE Book Offer
Get your FREE copy of "6 Steps to Shooting Brilliant Landscape Photography" by subscribing to my monthly newsletter.
Follow the advice in this deceptively simple book to significantly improve your landscape photography. Organised into 6 simple lessons, this valuable and detailed guide provides information that’s often overlooked. In fact, lesson 3 is so obvious that most photographers ignore it completely.
If you want to improve your Landscape Photography fast, follow this book.
- Enter your details using the form on the right. I will then send you an initial email to confirm you’ve entered your email correctly.
- Follow the instruction in my email to confirm your subscription.
- After confirming your subscription I’ll send you a discount code to purchase my book for free. You’ll then be able to download it in your chosen format.
My Promise to You: I will never share or SPAM your email.