From time to time I publish revisions and corrections to my books on Amazon. Sometimes I even publish completely new editions, which I make available for free if you bought an earlier edition. As some people experience difficulties obtaining Kindle book updates I wanted to publish this step by step guide.
Steps to Downloading Kindle Book Updates
- Go to the Amazon site. Be sure to log in before the instructions below.
- Place your mouse over the “Your Account” menu drop-down on the right side of the screen. This should display the menu items for your account.
- Select the “Manage Your Content and Devices” option as shown below.
- This will display a list of all the Kindle books in your personal library. This list will be in the order you purchased the books, with the most recent first.
- Scroll down the list to find the book you want to update. You will see a button to the right side of any book which has an update available. An example of this is shown below.
- Click the button and a dialog will be displayed as shown below.
- Click the Update button and the new version of the book will be sent to your Kindle or Kindle Reader software.
If you experience issues with receiving the book update to your device or software, please contact Amazon for support.